Everyone wants to feel proud and confident of their smile, which is why cosmetic dentistry is an ever-growing field. Statistics indicate that approximately 80% of people have one or more smile corrections they would like to make. Cosmetic dentistry can quickly and efficiently achieve improvement in the appearance of a single tooth or all teeth. We are pleased to serve our patients at Drs of Smiles with customized treatment options that can attain any amount of change they desire for their smile.
What is a smile makeover?
A smile makeover consists of multiple cosmetic dentistry treatments that are combined to enhance and improve your teeth. In addition to giving you the smile you have always dreamed of. This process of enhancing each individuals smile is customized to each person’s needs and may involve a number of dental procedures to achieve the final outcome that is desired.
A smile makeover begins with a thorough consultation. During this visit, you can explain what you would like to see when you look in the mirror, even the shape of your teeth. The more detailed your description of desired changes, the better we can meet your expectations. We are happy to share completed smile makeover cases with you at this time, as well. Observing these cases allows you to see the changes that are possible.
By carefully listening to your goals and evaluating your teeth, Dr. LeSueur or Dr. Dodaro can then recommend the approach and specific procedures most likely to accomplish your desired results. Be sure to ask for as much information as you need to make a confident decision about your dental care. This will go a long way toward ensuring your long-term satisfaction with your smile makeover.
Am I a candidate for Dental Restoration?
Most adults are good candidates for a smile makeover, providing they are in good general health and do not have severe dental problems. Although if they have any questions they can speak with our dentists. If necessary, restorative treatments such as fillings or root canal will be conducted before commencing with cosmetic procedures.
What DENTAL PROCEDURES ARE INCLUDED?
A dental treatment is then customized to your needs and may involve cosmetic and restorative procedures. They range from having porcelain crowns placed to having teeth whitening done, depending on your personal goals. The various dental options we offer include the following:
- Tooth-colored Fillings. Made of composite resin material that matches enamel, tooth-colored fillings are the modern replacement for old or failing amalgams (“silver fillings”).
- Porcelain Crowns. Crowns are advantageous for teeth that may not have the structural integrity to support cosmetic work. For example, a tooth that has an existing large amalgam filling may receive a porcelain crown to improve appearance and fortify strength.
- Dental Bonding. Small chips and other imperfections may be corrected with the layer-by-layer application of tooth-colored composite resin. Once cured and polished, this substance looks like a natural tooth.
- Teeth Whitening. Professional-grade peroxide gels can be applied to teeth to lift stains gradually. For faster results, gentle laser whitening can be performed here in the office.
- Porcelain Veneers. Veneers are an excellent smile makeover solution because these customized sheaths of durable porcelain can correct multiple problems simultaneously. For example, porcelain veneers can brighten the smile and also make teeth appear longer.
- Dental implants. Missing teeth can be replaced in a way that ultimately replicates natural anatomy. Dental implants can support a crown or full-arch bridge for optimal structure and appearance.
- Gum Contouring. Gentle laser treatment can reveal more tooth structure, thereby adding maturity and sophistication to the smile.
Are all of the procedures performed at once?
We are able to combine specific dental procedures, but some may need to precede others. For example, we can whiten your teeth while your porcelain veneers are being made in the dental lab. This way, when your final veneers are placed, all teeth are the same bright shade. Staggering procedures may also be advantageous for your schedule and budget, which we are happy to accommodate.
“This office is very friendly. I am new to the area and they waited for me on a Saturday when I got lost on my way to their office. I enjoy every person in this office, especially my dentist Dr. Glenn. He is very detailed in his treatment plan, patient when I have questions, and very caring. Thank you for great service Dr. of Smiles.” -Dawn
What can a Smile Makeover correct?
A smile makeover can give you the straight, bright, aligned smile that you’ve always wanted. However, some patients have concerns before their procedure. Common concerns addressed with a smile makeover include:
- Discoloration. Just about every person who gets a smile makeover has their teeth whitened as an initial cosmetic procedure.
- Spacing and alignment. While more severe alignment issues may require orthodontic treatment or Invisalign, small spacing and alignment problems may be disguised with porcelain veneers.
- Symmetry. When you smile, there should be a delicate balance between gum tissue and teeth and also between teeth and lips. The smile line made by the edges of side-by-side teeth can be leveled to improve balance within the mouth. A smile makeover can also enhance symmetry by correcting “gumminess.”
- Missing teeth. This step in a smile makeover isn’t wholly cosmetic in nature. We need teeth to structurally support the mouth and face. Missing teeth can be replaced with bridges and implants as necessary to restore optimal framework for chewing and attractiveness.
How MANY VISITS ARE REQUIRED FOR COSMETIC DENTISTRY?
Every smile makeover is a unique situation, and this will be determined before you have any procedure done. During your consultation, we can provide an estimate of the number of visits you may need to reach your end-goal. This process is also flexible depending on your needs and preferences.
How long will The results of DENTAL Reconstruction last?
Results of a smile makeover can last for several years with sustained oral care. Regular brushing and flossing are essential to long-term dental health, as are routine dental exams and cleanings. Depending on lifestyle habits, teeth whitening can be repeated. Porcelain veneers and crowns can last up to 15 years with proper care.
Schedule a Consultation
Dr. LeSueur and Dr. Dodaro are Mesa dentists, serving Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe, Gilbert, Chandler, and other East Valley Cities in Arizona, combine LVI training and state-of-the-art technology to bring you, and your entire family, the very best and healthiest cosmetic and neuromuscular dental care. Please contact us online or call 480-834-6991 our dentists today to schedule your consultation.