Everyone wants to feel proud and confident in their smile, which is why cosmetic dentistry is an ever-growing field. Statistics indicate that approximately 80% of people have one or more smile corrections they would like to make. Cosmetic dentistry can quickly and efficiently achieve improvement in the appearance of a single tooth or all teeth. We are pleased to serve our patients at Drs of Smiles with customized treatment options that can attain any amount of change they desire for their smile.
What Is A Smile Makeover?
A smile makeover consists of multiple cosmetic dentistry treatments that are combined to enhance and improve your teeth. In addition to giving you the smile, you have always dreamed of. This process of enhancing each individual’s smile is customized to each person’s needs and may involve a number of dental procedures to achieve the final outcome that is desired.
A smile makeover begins with a thorough consultation. During this visit, you can explain what you would like to see when you look in the mirror, even the shape of your teeth. The more detailed your description of desired changes, the better we can meet your expectations. We are happy to share completed smile makeover cases with you at this time, as well. Observing these cases allows you to see the changes that are possible.
By carefully listening to your goals and evaluating your teeth, Dr. LeSueur, Dr. Glenn LeSueur, & Dr. Dodaro can then recommend the approach and specific procedures most likely to accomplish your desired results. Be sure to ask for as much information as you need to make a confident decision about your dental care. This will go a long way toward ensuring your long-term satisfaction with your smile makeover.
Am I A Candidate For Dental Restorations?
Most adults are good candidates for a smile makeover, providing they are in good general health and do not have severe dental problems. Although if they have any questions they can speak with our dentists. If necessary, restorative treatments such as fillings or root canal will be conducted before commencing with cosmetic procedures.
Benefits Of A Smile Makeover
A smile makeover offers significant benefits. People who address the cosmetic concerns they have about their teeth achieve improvements quickly. Some treatments, like our powerful home teeth whitening program, begin to enhance the smile within a few days. Some take a few visits. At the end of the process, patients have a smile that is the perfect complement to their faces as well as their unique personalities.
Studies have shown that a smile makeover can have a dramatic effect on a person’s well-being. Some patients who undergo this treatment had created a habit of covering their mouths when smiling or laughing or refusing to smile and laugh with an open mouth. Having a radiant new smile frees people to show themselves fully at work and in social gatherings. This, in turn, leads to greater success and a healthy sense of self-esteem.
An additional benefit of a smile makeover is improved oral health. Several studies have found that people who undergo cosmetic dental procedures often take better care of their teeth. It is believed that this relates to improved happiness with the appearance of the smile and a desire to maintain results. The improvement in daily oral hygiene contributes to fewer cavities and a decreased risk of gum disease.
What Dental Procedures Are Included With A Smile Makeover?
Dental treatment is then customized to your needs and may involve cosmetic and restorative procedures. They range from having porcelain crowns placed to having teeth whitening done, depending on your personal goals. The various dental options we offer include the following:
- Tooth-colored Fillings. Made of a composite resin material that matches enamel, tooth-colored fillings are the modern replacement for old or failing amalgams (“silver fillings”).
- Porcelain Crowns. Crowns are advantageous for teeth that may not have the structural integrity to support cosmetic work. For example, a tooth that has an existing large amalgam filling may receive a porcelain crown to improve the appearance and fortify strength.
- Dental Bonding. Small chips and other imperfections may be corrected with the layer-by-layer application of tooth-colored composite resin. Once cured and polished, this substance looks like a natural tooth.
- Teeth Whitening. Professional-grade peroxide gels can be applied to teeth to lift stains gradually. For faster results, gentle laser whitening can be performed here in the office.
- Porcelain Veneers. Veneers are an excellent smile makeover solution because these customized sheaths of durable porcelain can correct multiple problems simultaneously. For example, porcelain veneers can brighten the smile and also make teeth appear longer.
- Dental implants. Missing teeth can be replaced in a way that ultimately replicates natural anatomy. Dental implants can support a crown or full-arch bridge for optimal structure and appearance.
- Gum Contouring. Gentle laser treatment can reveal more tooth structure, thereby adding maturity and sophistication to the smile.
Are All Of The Procedures Performed At Once?
We are able to combine specific dental procedures, but some may need to precede others. For example, we can whiten your teeth while your porcelain veneers are being made in the dental lab. This way, when your final veneers are placed, all teeth are the same bright shade. Staggering procedures may also be advantageous for your schedule and budget, which we are happy to accommodate.
“This office is very friendly. I am new to the area and they waited for me on a Saturday when I got lost on my way to their office. I enjoy every person in this office, especially my dentist Dr. Glenn. He is very detailed in his treatment plan, patient when I have questions, and very caring. Thank you for great service Dr. of Smiles.” -Dawn
What Concerns Can A Smile Makeover Correct?
A smile makeover can give you the straight, bright, aligned smile that you’ve always wanted. However, some patients have concerns before their procedure. Common concerns addressed with a smile makeover include:
- Discoloration. Just about every person who gets a smile makeover has their teeth whitened as an initial cosmetic procedure.
- Spacing and alignment. While more severe alignment issues may require orthodontic treatment or Invisalign, small spacing and alignment problems may be disguised with porcelain veneers.
- Symmetry. When you smile, there should be a delicate balance between gum tissue and teeth and also between teeth and lips. The smile line made by the edges of side-by-side teeth can be leveled to improve balance within the mouth. A smile makeover can also enhance symmetry by correcting “gumminess.”
- Missing teeth. This step in a smile makeover isn’t wholly cosmetic in nature. We need teeth to structurally support the mouth and face. Missing teeth can be replaced with bridges and implants as necessary to restore the optimal framework for chewing and attractiveness.
How Many Visits Are Required For A Smile Makeover?
Every smile makeover is a unique situation, and this will be determined before you have any procedure done. During your consultation, we can provide an estimate of the number of visits you may need to reach your end-goal. This process is also flexible depending on your needs and preferences.
How Long Will The Results Of Dental Reconstruction Last?
Results of a smile makeover can last for several years with sustained oral care. Regular brushing and flossing are essential to long-term dental health, as are routine dental exams and cleanings. Depending on lifestyle habits, teeth whitening can be repeated. Porcelain veneers and crowns can last up to 15 years with proper care.
Recovery From A Smile Makeover
Many of the treatments that are involved in a smile makeover require little, if any, recovery. Depending on the procedure, a patient may experience slight tooth sensitivity for a short time or may need to eat softer foods for a few days. Generally, the minor side effects of cosmetic dental procedures do not inhibit patients from performing their normal activities.
Are Smile Makeovers Safe?
Yes. Smile makeovers are a combination of treatments that have each been widely performed for years. Experienced dentists conduct each part of the smile makeover process carefully so patients see the customized results they desire with few risks. In many cases, a smile makeover is a process that is completed over a few visits. During each visit, a particular problem may be addressed. For example, a patient may have impressions taken for teeth whitening and cosmetic fillings placed in one visit, and then, once their teeth are the desired shade, begin the color-matching process of dental veneers for placement at a future visit. Every smile makeover is tailored to the individual to achieve beautiful results in a safe manner.
Does A Smile Makeover Hurt?
No. Depending on the procedure being performed, a local anesthetic will be administered. Teeth whitening is a process that patients conduct at home by wearing custom-fit trays and professional-grade whitening gel for approximately an hour a day for a few weeks. During this time, slight sensitivity may occur. Patients rarely describe this as painful. Other procedures, such as preparing teeth for porcelain veneers, are conducted with an anesthetic to control comfort.
Cost Of A Smile Makeover
Each smile makeover is performed according to a patient’s needs and desired outcome. The individual treatments and extent of those treatments vary from one person to another. This influences the cost of the process. If you choose Drs of Smiles in Mesa for your smile makeover, you can expect to receive a detailed breakdown of costs related to your proposed treatment.
Schedule A Consultation
Dr. LeSueur, Dr. Glenn LeSueur, and Dr. Dodaro are Mesa dentists, serving Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe, Gilbert, Chandler, and other East Valley Cities in Arizona, combine LVI training and state-of-the-art technology to bring you, and your entire family, the very best and healthiest cosmetic and neuromuscular dental care. Please contact us online or call 480.834.6991 our dentists today to schedule your consultation.
Dr. Scott LeSueur, Dr. Glenn LeSueur, and Dr. Charles Dodaro are Mesa dentists, serving Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe, Gilbert, Chandler, and other East Valley Cities in Arizona, combine LVI training and state-of-the-art technology to bring you, and your entire family, the very best and healthiest cosmetic and neuromuscular dental care.