If you are missing one or more teeth, partial dentures may be the right solution for you. Partial dentures are a type of tooth replacement that can restore your smile and your ability to eat and speak properly.
Here are five things you need to know about partial dentures:
- Partial dentures are a great way to replace missing teeth. They are a flexible option, as some use them temporary until they make a more permanent choice for their smile.
- Partial dentures look natural and can improve your appearance. They are made with materials that mimic the appearance of natural teeth, ensuring that they do not appear “fake” when you are wearing them.
- Partial dentures are made from high-quality materials. Most partial dentures combine metal and acrylic to create the appliance.
- Partial dentures are durable and long-lasting. Patients will find that with proper cleaning and care, their partial dentures will last them a long time. Adjustments may be made at dental appointments as needed.
- Partial dentures can help improve your quality of life. Patients who have lost teeth may find that they lose self-confidence and self-esteem. By replacing these teeth, patients can smile without feeling embarrassed or ashamed of how their smile looks to others.
How do I care for my partial dentures?
Partial dentures are a durable and long-lasting option for tooth replacement, but with proper care and attention, they can last even longer. Here are some tips on how to take care of your partial dentures:
- Be sure to brush your partial dentures every day using a soft-bristled toothbrush and nonabrasive toothpaste or denture cleaner.
- Soak your partial dentures in a cleaning solution or water overnight at least once a week.
- Keep your partial dentures in a safe place when you’re not wearing them.
- Avoid biting into hard objects like ice cubes or nutshells.
- See your dentist regularly for adjustments and checkups.
How to learn more about partial dentures
If you are considering the benefits of using partial dentures to restore your smile and replace missing teeth, we welcome you to book an appointment at Drs of Smiles to speak to Drs. Scott LeSueur, Glenn LeSueur, and Charles Dodaro about your needs. The office is located at 1056 South Val Vista Drive, Suite 1 and our front office team can schedule you for a visit when you call (480) 834-6991.