Conditions like periodontal disease require appropriate care to help in treating the problem and reversing the damage that has occurred—when possible. Drs. Scott LeSueur, Glenn LeSueur, and Charles Dodaro of Drs of Smiles Gentle Family Dentistry encourage patients with the early or late stages of periodontal disease to speak to them about their needs. Periodontal services are often available to help patients restore their oral health and the damage that the condition has caused to their smiles. Periodontal services have a more focused approach to improving the health of the smile.
What periodontal services are available for Mesa, AZ residents?
Below are just a few of the services that are available to patients who have been diagnosed with periodontal disease, or “gum disease:”
- Scaling and root planing. When periodontal disease is a problem, it requires the assistance of a dentist to resolve. Scaling and root planing is a deep cleaning that is performed to remove bacteria, tartar, and plaque from all surfaces of the teeth, including the roots underneath the gums.
- Antibiotic treatments. Our dentists may manually administer antibiotics to the gum tissues to treat the infection, or may prescribe antibiotics for patients to take orally to address the infection as well. Treating the infection from the inside out while also treating it topically is the most effective and fastest way to reverse the problem.
- Pocket reduction procedures. Certain procedures are performed to remove bacteria from the pockets that can form between the teeth and gums. Pocket reduction procedures may also include the administration of antibiotics.
- Tooth replacement options. If patients have lost teeth due to late stage periodontitis, they can ask about tooth replacement options including dental implants, dentures, and dental bridges.
- Prescription toothpastes and mouthwashes. In addition to treating the problem in the office, your dentist may also prescribe a toothpaste and mouthwash combination to use at home to further improve the infection.
Learn more about periodontal services available at Drs of Smiles Gentle Family Dentistry
Mesa, AZ parents and children who need periodontal services available to them are strongly encouraged to book a consultation visit our team, including Drs. Scott LeSueur, Glenn LeSueur, and Charles Dodaro. The office is located at 1056 South Val Vista Drive, Ste. #1, and can be reached by phone at (480) 834-6991.