Porcelain is one of several materials used in dentistry to restore the smile. If you have been told that you could benefit from the placement of a dental crown, we encourage you to consider restoration with porcelain materials. While gold and other metals are readily available, they are often not the first choice of our dentists at Drs of Smiles Gentle Family Dentistry.
Why Should I Choose a Porcelain Dental Crown Over a Metal or Gold One?
A porcelain dental crown can provide both aesthetic and functional benefits, making it a great option for those looking to replace or repair their teeth. While there are several types of crowns available, our team at Drs. of Smiles Gentle Family Dentistry often recommends to our patients porcelain crowns over metal and gold ones. Below are just a few of the reasons why our patients love our porcelain dental crowns:
- Porcelain is highly stain-resistant, meaning you don’t have to worry about your crown discoloring over time.
- Porcelain is strong and durable, making it an ideal choice for long-term use.
- Porcelain materials have a natural tooth-like appearance which makes them less noticeable than metal or gold crowns.
- Porcelain mimics the light-reflecting properties of natural enamel, blending in with your existing smile much more seamlessly than other types of crowns.
- Porcelain dental crowns are often cheaper than metal or gold ones, making them a great value.
Porcelain is an excellent choice for dental crowns and Drs. Glenn LeSueur, and Charles Dodaro at Drs of Smiles Gentle Family Dentistry often make the recommendation to stick with porcelain for patients who are worried about their dental restorations looking natural within the smile.
Call To Find Out More About Porcelain Restorations Available at Our Office!
Drs. Glenn LeSueur, and Charles Dodaro at Drs of Smiles Gentle Family Dentistry are committed to working with you to find solutions that improve the function and appearance of your smile. If you are in need of dental restorations and are considering a porcelain dental crown, we can assist! Call 480-834-6991 today to request a consultation visit with our Mesa, AZ, area team.