A healthy, confident smile is often described as bright and beautiful. While everyone has the goal of achieving a bright, white smile that exudes confidence, not everyone can get there on their own. At Drs of Smiles Gentle Family Dentistry, Drs. Scott LeSueur, Glenn LeSueur, and Charles Dodaro can assist you in learning more about how to whiten your smile–and keep it that way!
Whitening the Smile With the Help of a Professional Dentist
While there are tons of over-the-counter teeth whitening solutions available at the local drugstore, many of these fail to provide the same results as professional kits that can be purchased at Drs of Smiles Gentle Family Dentistry. Our team encourages patients to consider our UltraDent take-home whitening kits which provide professional-strength bleaching solutions and customized trays to brighten the smile several shades whiter in about one week or less!
Top Five Things You Can Do To Prevent Tooth Discoloration
After you have whitened your smile, you may want to keep the results as long as possible! To achieve this, our team has put together a list of several things you can do to prevent tooth discoloration. They include:
- Avoid highly pigmented foods and drinks such as coffee, tea, soda, red wine, berries, sauces, etc., as these can all contribute to staining of the enamel on teeth.
- Limit or avoid sugary foods and acidic drinks, as these can weaken tooth enamel and cause discoloration.
- Cut down on smoking and other forms of tobacco use. Not only does this stain teeth, but it also causes more serious health problems.
- Use a straw when drinking beverages to keep them from coming in contact with your teeth directly.
- Brush twice each day with fluoride toothpaste and floss daily to remove plaque build-up, which can cause discoloration over time. Additionally, consider using an electric toothbrush for an extra thorough clean.
Request an Appointment at Drs of Smiles Gentle Family Dentistry
If you are a patient residing in the Mesa, AZ community or surrounding areas, we encourage you to book an appointment with Drs. Scott LeSueur, Glenn LeSueur, and Charles Dodaro to discuss our whitening solutions. Call 480-834-6991 to speak to our friendly front office staff and request your visit with our team.