The dentists of Drs of Smiles Gentle Family Dentistry believe strongly in using the most conservative methods for enhancing the smile whenever possible. With this in mind, our team often uses composite resin dental bonding to fix minor aesthetic issues and address areas of decay.
What is composite resin dental bonding?
Dentists have been using composite resin as a material for fixing aesthetic issues and repairing decay for many years, and it continues to be the most popular way for patients to address certain issues. This material is a resin (or sometimes a plastic) that is bonded to the natural tooth. It is often used for:
- Hiding permanent discoloration and staining
- Fixing a chipped or cracked tooth
- Reducing the gap between teeth
- Concealing a gap in the front of the smile
Composite resin bonding creates an aesthetically pleasing appearance to the natural smile, and unlike other restorations, such as dental crowns and porcelain veneers, this method does not require the removal of much original tooth structure.
What are the advantages of composite resin bonding?
- Placing dental bonding is a fast and simple process done in the office
- Teeth need minor preparations before the bonding can be placed
- Dental bonding material and treatment is relatively inexpensive when compared to porcelain veneers
- Composite resin materials are available in different shades and colors to match the smile
- This material can last on the smile for many years with proper care
To protect the longevity of dental bonding repairs, it is important that patients take great care in maintaining oral health habits at home, avoiding tooth-staining foods and beverages, and visit their dentist regularly for evaluations.
Request an appointment with our team today
At Drs of Smiles Gentle Family Dentistry, we have committed ourselves to offering patients solutions for their smiles, including general, cosmetic, and restorative care. If you are considering dental bonding or any other restorative work, we invite you to connect with our staff to make an appointment and learn more about our offerings. Our facility is located at 1056 South Val Vista Drive, Ste. 1 in Mesa, AZ and accepts new patients and families. Call (480) 834-6991 for more information.