Tooth loss or extraction can negatively detract from the appearance and function of the smile. Not only do patients feel self-conscious about how they look, but they may experience difficulty in eating and speaking properly. With the team at Drs. of Smiles Gentle Family Dentistry, Mesa, AZ area patients can obtain the best possible care for their oral health and wellness. Missing teeth are often replaced with restorations called dental implants.
How dental implants work
Dental implants are titanium restorations that our team of professionals will use to restore the smile after tooth loss. These implants appear as small posts that the dentist places into the jaw during oral surgery. The implant works like a tooth root replacement, obtaining its stability and strength from the natural jawbone, just as a natural tooth does. Then, the implant is restored over the top with one of several options, including:
- Porcelain dental crown
- Custom porcelain bridge
- Full implant-retained dentures
What are the benefits of a dental implant?
There are many advantages to using dental implants which can make them a highly desirable choice for many of our patients. Dental implants are often chosen because they are:
- An investment in the smile, lasting a lifetime with proper care
- Strong and durable due to the foundation in which they are placed
- Natural-looking, appearing and functioning as natural teeth
- Easy to care for, and do not require special attention as other restorations might
- Permanently put in place, offering a non-removable solution
- Highly functioning and improve speech and chewing efficiency
- Versatile, offering the replacement of one, several, or all the teeth in the dental arch
Find out if you are a good candidate for dental implants
Dental implants are a wonderful solution for many of our patients who have experienced the loss of teeth. If you live in the area of Mesa, Arizona and want to work with one of our professionals to obtain dental implants, call our team at (480) 834-6991. Our dentists are here and available to help you and your family in achieving good oral health and wellness, and find solutions when restorations are needed.